Recently, the Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau hosted their 22nd Annual Recognition of Service Excellence Awards at the Detroit Institute of Arts. Nominations are provided by clients, guests, supervisors, and the public; the awards recognize outstanding customer service. This award ceremony has six categories, a special Overall Service Champion category.
“Metro Detroit has a talented hospitality community and the ROSE Awards is our opportunity to honor those individuals that often don’t get the recognition they deserve,” says Larry Alexander, DMCVB President & CEO.
The winners of the 2016 awards include:
* Attractions and Casinos: Tanisha Weathers, tour guide at the Motown Museum
* Behind the Scenes: Nick Board, operations manager at the Wayne State University Student Center
* Hotels: Gary Keoleian, bellman at The Townsend Hotel
* Restaurants: Carol Szalay, senior restaurant supervisor at The Dearborn Inn Marriott Hotel
* Transportation: Mohammed Rahaman, valet driver at Courtyard by Marriott in Downtown Detroit
* Volunteers: Joe Scafero, airport ambassador at Wayne County Airport Authority
* Overall Service Champion: Bertaina Aboot, room attendant at MotorCity Casion Hotel, for outstanding work ethic, and great customer service