These interviews are part of a series that highlights new hires within the industry. Have you recently started a new role or do you know someone who has? Submit your ideas to email@example.com.
Lisa Dalton was recently hired as the director of catering for the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas.
1. What are you most looking forward to in your new role as catering director for the Hilton Anatole Hotel?
I’m really looking forward to working with the large, high-end galas we have at the Anatole. Working in Dallas for years I knew the “best of the best” events happened here, and now I’m getting a front row seat. It’s really interesting to see the amazing, creative ideas that go into the events inside our ballrooms and outside in the Anatole Sculpture Park.
2. How do you think your past industry experience has prepared you for this role?
I’ve been in the hospitality industry for almost 30 years, and if I’ve learned one thing that will help me in my role here it is to be flexible, creative and wear comfortable shoes!
3. What goals do you have in mind for the hotel for this year and farther down the line?
We’re putting a bigger emphasis on smaller meetings than we have in the past. We do huge events and galas very well, but I think, given the size of the hotel, people aren’t as familiar with the offerings we have available for more intimate, local meetings. We do those very well too and we’re excited for Dallas to discover that.
4. How did you get into the hospitality industry?
Just like a lot of people, I started out working in restaurants/hotels to put myself through college and thought when I graduated I’d move onto something else. I loved it so much I decided to make a career of it.
5. What do you enjoy most about the hotel?
Getting to meet and work with a diverse cross section of the world!