Where it all began—the heart of the exotic cocktail as enjoyed for centuries in Jamaica. One of sour (lime juice), two of sweet (demerara sugar), three of strong (fine Jamaican rum), four of weak (some ice). Plus five of spice to make it nice (allspice and bitters).
In a cocktail shaker combine the following ingredients:
• 1 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
• 3/4 oz. Demerara simple syrup*
• 1/4 oz. St. Elizabeth's Allspice Dram
• 3 oz. Appleton Estate 12 Year Old Rare Blend
• 2 dashes Angostura Bitters