Ferndale’s Otus Supply opened last year, and named this cocktail after a song by New Orleans’ Rebirth Brass Band.
—1.5 oz. Remy Martin 1738
—0.5 oz. Tempus Fugit Gran Classico
—0.75 oz. lemon sherbet*
—3 dashes hazelnut bitters*
—lemon twist for garnish
1. Rinse a Nick and Nora glass with Herbsaint.
2. Stir all other ingredients in a mixing glass.
3. Strain cocktail into Herbsaintrinsed glass.
4. Garnish with lemon twist.
* Lemon Sherbet
—2 cups cane sugar
—2 cups lemon juice
1. Peel the lemons and put peels into a Mason jar with the sugar.
2. Shake well and let sit overnight.
3. Add lemon juice, shake vigorously and strain into a clean bottle.
* Hazelnut Bitters
Toast a couple handfuls of hazelnuts and then infuse them with high-proof grain alcohol for a couple days.
Courtesy of OTUS SUPPLY